Accustomed lines

Beneath the huge
Night sky,
There are only those
Dark palms – fingering.
Jumping silver fish.
Startling.
The inky flow carries
A stray fisherman.

It’s easy to see you
With my closed eyes
In the midst of
Mirth and merry making.
Wistfully, I look-
The smile playing on your face,
The frosted glass between us.
Always just outside,
The steady flow of your life
.
Beneath the darkness,
And, the dim stars,
I idly connect the dots
And see dull
Predictable patterns.

A poem that I wrote. Appreciate your comments.

Comments

  1. i love your writing... your words just seem to flow into one another.
    Love the quote & photo also... thanks for sharing! (via CED) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It's easy to see you with my eyes close" Love it! Great work.

    Sarah Allen
    (my creative writing blog)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Iam happy and thankful when I get genuine comments.
Spammers are definitely not welcome. Move on.

Popular Posts